POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HeightFields and differences, clipping etc. : Re: HeightFields and differences, clipping etc. Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HeightFields and differences, clipping etc.
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 4 Jan 2000 17:39:53
Message: <387276b9@news.povray.org>
Now I'll have to find that to make I'm not hallucinating.  I was pretty sure
that the docs mentioned that clipping or differences cannot be performed on
"non" solid objects like height fields, dics, planes, etc.  If a difference
is supposed to work with a height field (like removing a box shape from a
height field) then I cannot get that to function correctly.  I will post
some example code that demonstrates my problem.